View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #10
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifeandshaffer View Post
maybe ladyjane is right,, i often dont understand the rescues, i was unfit to rescue when i applied because i have 3 sets of steps,they said it was a yorkie waiting to die, i had 2 yorkies from 16 weeks neither jumped to its death,,, i free feed and shaffer is about a pound overweight so in their opinion im a horrible pet owner, I was upset at the time but in hind sight it was a good thing because I found cooper who infact i did rescue from a life of a 24 hour cage lack of health care and love,, he couldnt be a better fit with my other dog shaffer and me. I hope you find the dog you want. I also know that rescues have rules,,, but i know im a good owner passed my vet ck and my ref check i care for my dogs better than some people care for kids,, I think the rescues make it hard to adopt, and turn many people off to the process, hence people buying dogs at a pet store, I think that is also horrible but i know many people who have done just that.
People buy from pet stores because they choose to...NOT because they get turned down by rescue. That is something I have heard before and I don't buy it for one minute! There are many places to get a rescue from. I was, as I said, turned down by a rescue years ago. I, too, thought that the rescue was wrong, but I don't bash rescue because of it! I figured that I just had not convinced them that I was good OR I just was not the right fit for the pup I wanted. Oh, I thought they were wrong, but their website was clear and I accepted it.

So...I still wanted a pupster.....What did I do??? I started looking at shelters and I adopted a darling girl (a yorkie mix) in 1995. She was two at the time. My Sassy passed away last year. I established myself as a responsible pet owner with Sassy and another yorkie who came a year later...Maxwell. It was then that I was able to adopt about five years ago.

Let anyone who thinks rescues are wrong spend a year in a rescuers shoes and then come back and tell me that they are wrong in what they require! Sure...some good people get turned down. That is going to happen...but, my MAIN goal is to avoid placing them with the wrong people who will end up putting them back in the system!

Please do your homework thoroughly before bad mouthing rescue or blaming them for anything. Your intent may not be to bad mouth....but you are blaming and that is patently unfair imho.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!