View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
SophieKatesMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Advice From Rescue Volunteers - Please

I am looking for advice from all the YT Members who volunteer at rescues.
As some of you may know I have been looking for about 8 months for my next Yorkie. I have decided that I want a rescue.

I have tried to educate myself on rescue dogs by volunteering at my local Small Dog Rescue on adoption days. In the last 2 months I have tried for 6 different Yorkie puppies from a different local rescue and cannot seem to get their attention. It's discouraging to me since I have tried so hard to do the right things. I even tried an older Yorkie but on his day visit Sophie Kate stressed him out so badly, the volunteer and I decided an older puppy might be ideal for Sophie Kate (she cornered the older Yorkie and kissing him like crazy, the poor boy pee'd all over my family room, Sophie Kate is such a hussy).

So here is my idea, the rescue that seems so intent on ignoring me is holding an event at a large park in Atlanta on September 10th and they are welcoming the public and their dogs. I thought "hey I should go and take a reference letter from my vet, dog walker and groomer"

So tell me is this a good or bad idea? I sometimes tend to get a little focused and pushy when I want something. Honest opinions are welcome and will not hurt my feelings.

Thanks,

Cheryl
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!