View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I do not think the small BYBer or pet lover who breeds a time or two is the problem in the US..it is the puppymillers. They are producing hundreds of thousands of puppies per year. It is big business and many dogs are put down instead of vetted for illnesses, whelping problems and when they are too old to produce.

As a rule the pet owner spays their female the first time there is a problem, and never breed again. Compared to the miller they produce very few pets per year..I am not in favor of breeding pets to produce more pets...and if all pet breeders stopped, I do not think it would reduce the amount by that much compared to the miller..stop the miller and the results would totally change the pet population in the US..the pounds would understocked for a change...I could be way off..
In some aspects you are right in speaking to the puppy miller. But, BYBers are breeding for one reason and one reason only and it's not to improve the breed. So, they have BYBers and Puppy Mills do share the same mind set for breeding, $$$$.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!