View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #13
MadDeDo
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodBiewer View Post
I agree.. I have two carriers (I know because I bred them and they have both produced litters with parti's in them) and you would not be able to tell they are carriers by looking at them. They have all black toes, no ticking on the roofs of their mouths, no white on them at all.. they didn't even as babies any more than maybe a slight bit on their chests just as standard color yorkies do. Nothing on their toes ever. I have produced MANY carriers and none of them have ever had anything but black toesnails and I don't remember ever any white on their paws.. occassionally, a bit on their chest or chin that goes away by a few months of age. Some carriers however DO show more white as puppies, but just wanted to clear up any confusion that not all carriers show signs.. actually, most do not. That is why there are carriers who are AKC champions as they conform to the "standard" in every detail. (no white)

Diana
That's interesting...I used to have "splitters", although I don't anymore. Mine had clear/white toenails and ticking in the roof of their mouth. One did not get the ticking until 1 year of age, but it was there. I remember a couple years ago when I was looking for one I was told to never buy a puppy as a splitter or carrier unless they had at least a couple white or clear toenails and ticking in their mouth.

Sorry for the wrong info, thanks for clearing it up!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!