View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #15
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfoxyrose View Post
This is just what I was looking for, the "tried and true" results! The vet did put us on the Science Diet... just gave her a small amount to see how she does. But like you, I need the best all around result, so I'm wondering if I should start the ProPlan before I go any further. Checked out baby girl this morning, she is getting bigger. My comment referring to the "Pros" was entirely directed at the five vets at this "state of the art" clinic I have been using. Never one word about anything extra for my little mama dog, nor a word when I started losing pups. But when I started to the vet with my mama dog laying across my lap, and was told it would be a drop off and they would see her at 3:30 that afternoon... I'm done with them. This new vet I dropped in on that morning will be the first to say he doesn't really treated "Mamas and Pups" on a regular basis but he did help my dog! So you can see how thankful I am to have found this website and you guys have helped me so much!! I'm thinking it will be good to hang around, maybe in a different section, so I can get a better idea of what I'm doing. Thanks Again!!!
We all here at YT have had good and bad vet experiences. And sometimes a new vet maybe more eager to figure things out than older ones. I started with my vet 10 years ago when he was opening his practice... he was more attentive than, i still love him, he is sharper now... Besides this virus is very rare ... hard to think of it .To be honest i am not even sure how my "automatic pilot" came to work when i read your post ...

Anyways, science diet is good food, keep her on it, you have it on hands... again, one puppy is not that stressful on the mom. Give her the cheese in a couple days, start with little if all is going well... and increase to a table spoon a day . I would not buy another brand right now. less change the better.
And this site has many great advice.. as with everything in life you will see things that are not that great , so disregard and keep what it is good.

Blessings to your mom and baby , it sounds like both will be making it good !
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!