View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #14
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
There will always be the possibility of politics being involved in any show, whether it be AKC, UKC or CKC. Long time exhibitors and breeders know lots of people and they know judges but that does not automatically mean the judge will put them up. You cannot know a dogs faults just by looking at it from ringside. Of course some faults are very visible, like a bad topline, but other faults can be hidden under the coat. Faults like a bad bite can only be seen by the judge unless you personally have looked at a dogs bite. Also, judges look at more than just the color of the coat. The lighter dog might have had better texture than the darker dog. From my observations of many of the UKC champions I have seen pictures of are darker, soft coated dogs that could not win in the AKC show ring.
It is also my understanding that to obtain points in the UKC ring, it isn't necessary to compete against another dog. The point system is entirely different, making it very easy to finish a dog in one weekend.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!