View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

Since I have shown UKC I can add some input here. It is possible to finish a dog in one weekend because normally there are 4 to 6 shows in a weekend. I won't say it's easier because like AKC there are judge favorites. I have seen some judges put up a dog that was silver and blond against a dog with correct coloring. Both had decent structure however the silver dog had a full coat. The reasoning I found out later was the exhibitors friend is a judge and that judge had lunch with the other judge prior to the Yorkies being in the ring. Anyway I digress, with UKC you need a total of 100 points and 3 competition wins under 3 different judges, which like AKC you have to get Best Male or Best Female which is similar to Winners dog and Winners Bitch however if there are no other of the same sex showing against you then you would have to get best of winners to get the competition win. But if you are the only one with that breed you would have to get no less than 4th in group but there has to be at least 5 other dogs in group for you to get a competition win. UKC shows are a good way to get ring practice and it is more relaxed in the sense that you aren't showing against handlers but there are people who are diehard UKC exhibitors, so you do get the competition. Hope this helps
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!