Thread: Texas breeders
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
SpiceyD
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

Not all sire or dame champion bloodline pups sell for $$$+ many of their puppies are NOT show-ring quality.
For example:

I once had 2 girls dogs (daughters of my champ.) All sold for less than $500. Why? Because the puppies aren't "champions" and they will never become a champion. So it wouldn’t be right to charge them for a dog that is not worth that value.

We don't sell dogs/puppies for profit. We breed for ourselves. We need the dogs to put in the show.
But not everyone of our pups are going to make the cut. So now we must find a responsible owners.
Is the puppy damage? No.

Also I only want buyers that will take the time out to come & sit down w/me face to face.
Asked me questions. They both wanted to see appropriate paper work. (i.e. vaccinations, names and addresses of past buyers, my vet name and address, dates of care. They wanted to know what we feed them how often they eat. Have they ever had any other illness. What was the temperament of the parents. How do they get along w/kids w/other dogs?
See they wasn’t interested nor impressed that it came from a champ. They were more interested in their new pet.

They didn't just look at my website and see a pretty pics/words. See an affordable price for an expensive dog.
That impressed me!

So don't just assume because someone has Champion dogs they automatically charging a ARM and LEG for the pups.
You should see someone that invested a lot of love, time, and money in their pet.

We calculator a bit different the worth of the dog than a backyard/side of the road breeder whom only see EXTRA money to help pay bills. This is not a part-time job for cash for us. Yes, there are some show ring that are greedy and want to recoup some of their cash that they have invested in the breeding cost. But trust me that money they earn doesn’t begin to balance the expenses.

You need to learn more about the breed and see exactly why your dog didn't make a show ring and you should know what and how to pick a good pet of this bred. It shouldn’t sum up to the Price Is Right
But all dogs AKC, CKC, hybrid bred, or just mixed with the neighbors dogs with 2 different sires. All deserve proper breeding care as well as new home care.

One more thing: A responsible owners sale you and dog and SHIP it to you and never set eyes on you...That is not a good breeder in my book. I would never ship my babies to anyone I didn't know. But many do.
But to me that should tell you something.

Also I will not meet you in some parking lot nor tell you I will come to you. 1st off - it's against law. Secondly, you have no clue about me or where this dog came from. Nor do I have any info on you.

I will give you both backgrounds, paperwork, proper vaccination info and can tell you about the GREAT Grandmothers/fathers of your dog.

Pup mills don't care about the mother or the father. Just your money. And some of these I don’t care I just want a yorkie I can afford keep these people in business.

So again you need to perhaps talk and interview owners and others.
As a member of kennel clubs ... I can tell you the 100s of horror stories we hear from good folks just looking for a lil fur ball to love. Instead many of them got a sick, unhealthy pups and have no recourses after they money is taken.
When you have a sick/dead puppy and all you really wanted was only a “pet”. It's very painful!

Just be careful.
SpiceyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!