Thread: Texas breeders
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
LeighJ
Yorkie Talker

T Lynn, did you ever happen to find the puppy you were looking for and if so, where did you end up buying? Much like you, I am looking for a female (only AKC) and I want one in that 6-7 lb range. It is so much harder to find them in that size range than it was when I got my Yorkie 9 years ago. Now so many of them are the tiny sizes. No offense to people that like them, but I want a dog that is a little more hardy and won't break a leg jumping off your lap.

I am around the College Station area. So if anyone has some suggestions, on places to look within a reasonable distance, please let me know. I am looking at spending about $600-$700. I am not looking for a 'champion' puppy I am going to be spending $2000 on. I know from my Yorkie, you can find a good healthy puppy at a reasonable price. You have to do your homework though, and study the place and the puppy carefully. I was going to look at FancyPups until I saw some negative comments on them being 'brokers'. Having both the parents on-site is a must for me.

I checked out the Charming Yorkie's a few recommended. It looks like she sold the only female in her most recent litter, but I am going to e-mail her to see for sure.
LeighJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!