View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s
Sounds like quite a pickle. I have heard of dogs rolling over on the pups and accidentally killing them. Of course, I have also heard of dog killing all the pups on purpose too... I really don't know what advice to give you. I think the ball is in your neighbor's court. They will have to make sure mom and pups are looked after properly. I would just encourage them to get them all to the vet ASAP, especially considering the situation with the daddy dog being so much bigger. How big are the pups in proportion to the mom? I would just be afraid that her giving birth to bigger pups may have damaged her on the inside somehow...torn uterus? Internal bleeding?
Thank you - yes - I also told them about this ...and after Robbies very sad experience with her mommy - I told them Ray Ray needed a vet check to asap...my neighbors were worried because they did think dogs always have lots of puppies and there was only 3.

The puppies were in good porportion to the mom in my 'humble' opinion - very small...I was expecting these huge puppies when I found out she had babies today.

Problem is she's being so protective of her babies ..they're a little worried about touching her right now - it was VERY hard to get her into her little whelping box we made her.....and of course I can't get the little lost baby off my mind.

Last edited by red98vett; 12-05-2005 at 12:49 PM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!