View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Default Question to Breeders

This is about my neighbors dog Ray Ray - She had puppies this morning. Ray Ray is a Terrier Mix and about the size of a Cocker Spaniel....A huge dog broke into their yard and got her pregnant - but I don't think they knew it till this morning when they saw the puppies.

They came and got me and I tried to help them as best I could ....but let me tell you - I have a new respect for Breeders. Ray Ray wouldn't let us near her babies. She was VERY impressive on how protective she was. From what I saw.... there were only 2 puppies - till we moved her.

She was laying on a blanket so we made them a nice bed & she was having NONE of it - and after alot of coaxing - (and ham) we finally get her moved......I was devestated to find a tiny dead baby under her. So in Total -She had 3.

I gave them what advise I could, and my vets number....I was so upset finding this baby that I burying him/her between our houses ...I said a little prayer and came home... but feel so bad......They did leave to get some supplies for Ray Ray and the new babies..... but how can I make sure the surviving puppies are ok ?

They promised me they would get them all to the vet and I'm going to make sure they do. my question is - Could Ray Ray maybe rolled on top of this baby and can this happen again ? What else can I do to help ?

Thank you in advance - they have never ever had puppies...I warned them about Vet Care for Ray Ray & family.....they DO love her and I know will take care of her..... but I know how big the dog was that got her pregnant - is there something I should be doing ? I don't want anything to happen to this little girl - she's really a sweet dog....

Last edited by red98vett; 12-05-2005 at 12:01 PM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!