View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #12
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzangela428
Okay Maximus has this think with hiding his poop....I noticed when I came home from work that he had hid his poop behond his toy chest...and then I noticed yesterday that he pooped on his pad..I went to go clean it up and POOF!!...it was gone so I went to go look in his tent and wah lah!!!!~ he had hid his poop in his blankets...THIS IS GROSS!!!, any advice..is it a puppy thing, or anything I can do?????

Have you always picked up his poop in front of him. If you have then he thinks that it is a possession to control. Dogs use "control of possession" to establish social order. If he is hiding it, he views it as a high value item and is taking control of it. (especially, since he created it!)

If this is the case, then you have more of a complex issue. He either does not see you as the "alpha" and see you more of an equal and is trying to assert his alpha position or sees himself as the alpha dog, and is entitled to this possession.

Your best bet is to start cleaning his poop when he is not around, and make sure you get to it before he does. You may have to be diligent with this at first.

Then you need to work on asserting your position more as the alpha dog, so that he understands that you control things, not him.
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!