View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #27
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
But a unless they wear their harness 24/7 having tags on it will not make a difference. It's not like we expect them to get out and take off. When mine got out it was my son who left the gate open and they all got out. Microchipping is only an good as someone taking the time to have them scanned. If they are picked up by animal control they will scan but if someone were to pick them up that didn't know about chips they would never think to have the vet scan them. It's a hard decision but mine do wear a collar and I take it off once a day and comb them out. Never matted hair at my house. Even my groomer always tells me what nice condition that I make she they are in when she grooms them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
It's not about matted hair, it's about collapsed trachea.
But if you walk your yorkie on a harness, I really don't think CT is a big issue. I've personally never read about a dog getting CT simply from wearing a properly-fitted collar and not being pulled/tugged/walked with it. I'm sure there's a small risk of it but to me there's risks in nearly everything we do with our dogs and a dog wearing an ID tag and collar greatly outweighs the cons of NOT wearing one.

I remember as a kid growing up in a neighborhood... we had probably 15 dogs throughout the 8yrs we lived there that wound up near our house or street. We would get them, read their tags, call the number and they would immediately be returned home that day. It happened oh so often.

Last edited by Britster; 07-21-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!