View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
But a unless they wear their harness 24/7 having tags on it will not make a difference. It's not like we expect them to get out and take off. When mine got out it was my son who left the gate open and they all got out. Microchipping is only an good as someone taking the time to have them scanned. If they are picked up by animal control they will scan but if someone were to pick them up that didn't know about chips they would never think to have the vet scan them. It's a hard decision but mine do wear a collar and I take it off once a day and comb them out. Never matted hair at my house. Even my groomer always tells me what nice condition that I make she they are in when she grooms them.
I live in a different country, but when I took any "new" dog into my vet, not only did she scan for microchip, but also asked to see the purchase paperwork. And this by the way was after I had been going to her for 3 or more years.

She told me it is her policy to always scan new dogs on their first visit to her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!