View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #23
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddiesMommie View Post
I don't use collars, but do have their tags on their harnesses. I think this helps when our babies run away or get lost. My fear is if they are stolen, the tags would be taken off first thing. Then, that is when microchipping would be your only chance of getting them back.

Ugh, makes me sick to think about having my girls missing.
But a unless they wear their harness 24/7 having tags on it will not make a difference. It's not like we expect them to get out and take off. When mine got out it was my son who left the gate open and they all got out. Microchipping is only an good as someone taking the time to have them scanned. If they are picked up by animal control they will scan but if someone were to pick them up that didn't know about chips they would never think to have the vet scan them. It's a hard decision but mine do wear a collar and I take it off once a day and comb them out. Never matted hair at my house. Even my groomer always tells me what nice condition that I make she they are in when she grooms them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!