View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #50
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepuppie View Post
well, i am not sure how effective it is to have a rude sign if they are trying to get people to stop. i think humor and being nice about it would work better. i think people usually retaliate when you are rude about something.

and honestly, it kind of IS toilet for the dogs. dogs ARE allowed to go potty on the grass. that is kind of their toilet... so the logic of the sign is wrong. and also, how are people supposed to "control" their dogs if they are walking their dogs and their dogs need to go potty?

people should definitely pick up after their dogs. no arguments about that. but dogs are allowed to go potty on lawns. aren't they?
Dogs have no right to potty on anyone's property but our own. We have to remember that not everyone is a dog lover.

The neighborhood I lived in up in Raleigh had wonderful sidewalks connecting all the subdivisions, townhomes, all leading up to an upscale outdoor shopping center. People walked and jogged around the neighborhoods, pushed baby strollers, and walked their dogs.

There was about a 3-4 foot strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street. It was used as the neighborhood toilet by irresponsible dog owners and it was disgusting. It smelled terrible in the warmer weather. I can't get over how inconsiderate of others some dog owners can be.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!