Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
yorkiepuppie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlyn View Post
Thanks, mkbartz and yorkiepuppy,
I really appreciate the advice!
About Nellie's teethbrushing, it's not that I can't. I can. She knows
I'm the master and she's my little girl. She submissively lets me clip her nails... the problem is after I do any care to her, she doesn't like me for days or weeks..... Recently, in hopes that i could help her not be afraid of me, I recently stopped trimming her hair and let it grow, with only an occasional brushing. Well, I actually got some positive responses from her as though she wasn't quite as afraid that I would groom her.
So, the problem is that she DOES NOT like me to groom her in any fashion.
I can do it and I do - do it. But I pay all the time.
So, when I tried brushing her teeth last time she decided I was not longer safe at all and would have nothing to do with me, ever.
That's my problem and that's why I'm starting to think I should put her on anti-anxiety meds. Sounds a bit extreme to me, but do some dogs possibly need them? Thanks, everyone.
with grooming and nail clipping, you have the option of taking her to the groomer so you dont have to do it yourself (so she won't be afraid of you) but with brushing teeth. i don't think you can have someone else do it. i used to have milu's groomer brush milu's teeth, but they do a pathetic job. plus it's not enough to just have their teeth brushed once a month or anything like that.

make sure your little girl doesn't have any medical problems that's making her behave the way she does. if she is perfectly healthy, i would consider anti-anxiety meds.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!