View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzbabykel View Post
Yeah he was only 9 weeks old when his breeder gave him to me and unfortunately I wasn't as knowledgeable then as I am now about that sort of thing I reeeally wish I had kept him with his mother and litter mates until 12 weeks because his nibbling and biting is getting really bad. I've tried everything and some stuff seems to be working as his bites are more tame and not as hard but he still has a way to go on that. He's 14 weeks now.
When he starts to bite have a bully stick or some type of chew available for him. If he continues to try to bite you walk away or turn your back on him and ignore his behavior. Never try to hold him down or dominate him this will only make it worse. Praise him when he is gentle. Use lots of treats to get him to behave appropriately while praising him. You should be able to teach him sit and stay too. By Doodlebug did all kinds of tricks at a very young age. You can use Cheerios as a treat. I carried them around in my pocket in a Ziploc when he was a puppy. Make sure that you begin socializing him often too. Sign up for a puppy class. You can work on sit, paw and stay. When Dbug was a tiny puppy and he did tricks people were always amazed that he knew so much. He will catch on very quickly but you need to do very short sessions. Good luck...........
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!