Thread: Bow Frustration
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Cares4Dogs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie07 View Post
My Lizzy has a bow challenged owner, too. I fiddle with the bow so much trying to get it to look right or in tight enough that Lizzy loses all patience with me.
HAHAHA I love that "bow challenged"

Here is what I did...start with good small grooming bands. Imagine an imaginary line from the outside corner of their eyes and go straight back as if to meet up with ear. You dont have to gather fur all of the way back to the ear, but about 1/2-3/4..whichever works best on your yorkie. Gather hair loosely between your fingers and put the band on. A good band, you wont have to twist like a little girls pony tail...just sticking it on should hold--if not, the band may be too loose and try a smaller size.

It takes practice....the best way for me was during comb time & when the dog is most relaxed. Practice makes perfect.

If the band is too big or too loose, its gonna fall out. But-with that said, you also dont want it too tight so it doesnt pull too much on their fur.

p.s. what also helps if your dog has thin fur and wont stay in a small band, when you pull the fur up, I just fold the fur backward to double the thickness....does that make sense???
Cares4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!