View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #15
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseslevi View Post
I totally agree with the above posts......Bailey is crying for attention. He does not understand why all of a sudden he can't sit with you or be in the same room as you. He thinks he is being punished and is no longer a member of the pack. I think spraying him with water will only add to him feeling insecure. By peeing and pooing on the floor, he is trying to get any kind of attention from you....granted this is negative attention, but it is working to some degree. Is the kitty allowed on furniture? Is the kitty gated to the same room as Bailey? This could also be an issue for him as well. I would suggest that you allow Bailey the same privileges as he had previous to your boyfriend moving in and see if this behavior doesn't turn around. Good Luck.
I really have to agree with all this - he's confused - insecure and needs his stability back. I hope all the advise helps.....

ps....I also wanted to comment I would not use a water sprayer on him for just trying to get your love - he has changes in his life.... and as a dog - he has no idea why all of a sudden this is happening. It's not going to help at all and will just make him more unhappy and it sounds like he's very unhappy right now and really craving your attention and love as he knew it before. Water is a last resort for certain things such as barking and while I don't do it - I know others have done it with sucess but this isn't that kind of situation- he needs to know he is still part of the family and is showing you in many ways that he is really feeling left out.

Dogs are very very smart. Too smart !

Last edited by red98vett; 07-11-2010 at 06:11 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!