View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
BaileyGates
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry Omg please can you help me!!!!

Hiya everyone,

I have not been on here in such a long time i have been so busy, but i hope you still wouldnt mind helping me.

My bf moved in last september Bailey my yorkie ajusted fine and loved Andreas. Andreas straight away showed Bailey he was boss and Bailey accepted it with no problems. We stopped bailey from jumping on the couch which was ok and Bailey soon learnt that he was not allowed to jump up on the furniture unless andreas was out the room and he would jump on me straight away (i would tell him to get down). Bailey was ok with that as in the winter months he had the heater to lie infront of so wasnt to bad. We got a cat in december and Bailey and the cat are like two peas in a pod haha. Totally love each other which is great hehe!!

Then the problems started about 2months ago!! I dont know if i paid him to much attention around that time or it was the fact its gettin hotter so the heater is no longer there for him to lie infront of, but Bailey is driving me crazy!!

It started with him standing looking at me and whining when he was in the livingroom. He didnt want to go out and he had food and water in his bowel, He just wanted my attention Now Bailey has always loved to be on me asleep and loves any kind of attention from ANYONE. He aint a shy doggie at all lol.

I didnt let him up on me but it just got worse and worse over the weeks to the point i was in tears one night and i caved in and let him sleep on me where he stopped whinning and went right to sleep. Now he has always been clingy and wanted my attention and follows me everywhere i go but he has never really cried for my attention before... maybe because he always had my attention before Andreas moved in, but Andreas has been living with us for nearly a year now so why has he just started playing up now??

Well once i had caved in that was it he has been terrible!! I cant do anything, He cries stanning in front of me while i am sat on the couch all the time... just stands there crying to be up on me. I tried a water spray everytime he cried and stood there, but it didnt work he would just cry run away and then come back again and stand and do the same thing.... it ended up he looked like he had been swimming one night lol.

I live in a Flat so me and my BF eat our meals in the livingroom as i have no room for a kitchen table. Bailey used to just sit on the floor while we ate and fall asleep but of late he just stands looking at us both crying??? Why? If i lock him out the room he goes ape!! He has food and he likes his food?

Also every night i go to sleep and the moment the tv in the livingroom was turned off he went right into his bed to sleep. The last 2weeks he has been crying when me and Andreas go into the bedroom?? I dont understand why he has suddenly started doing this? Also in the morning at about 7am he starts crying again and trys to get into my bedroom by pushing the door open. I have had to start putting a box behind the door so he cant get in.

Now it sounds like a dont give my dog any affection but i really do, He goes on lovely long walks and i have even started taking him on another walk of a night time as i thought if he was tired he wont wanna cry but it didnt work.

I have been talking to my friend about it and she said to totally ignore him when he cries? He is just wanting my attention. So as of yesterday i have been totally ignoreing him. I have put him in the kitchen and shut the dog gate so he can still see us in the livingroom but cant get to us... as crying behaviour is not acceptable in the ''pack'' and if he is silent without crying then he can come into the livingroom with us, but the moment he starts crying back in the kitchen he will go.

Well he is going mad in the kitchen jumping up at the dog gate and crying non stop. I just walked into the kicthen and he has done a poo and a wee all over the kicten, but i just ignored him, cleaned it up and went back into the livingroom ignoreing him. So he just went mad again jumping up at the gate and crying.

He has just calmed down now and got into his bed. There is no crying i am going to leave it alittle longer and if he is silent then he can come into the livingroom with us.

Can someone please tell me if i am doing the right thing? He has been driving me crazy or the last 2months and i really dont know how to stop it. I have totally caved in and let him have his way but that just made him worse and has made him cry of a night to be with me etc etc. I dunno what to do. I really need some advice on how to stop this.

Help me please xxx
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!