View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
janetcerdas
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Wow, it sounds like you are doing everything right, I've always read that you should introduce them on neutral territory, and it's great that you do that. A dog mouth is very important, and they explore the world with it, this biting you see is normal, and mother and littermates should have taught him inhibition of the biting reflex, so that he won't bite too hard. You will hear loud yelping if he bites too hard. I think it's best for dogs to settle most of their own differences, unless one is clearly bigger. You should act like Gucci has the most seniority, and give him plenty of attention. Are you planning to breed? If not, please get them neutered/spayed as soon as possible; you don't want an accidental pregnancy on your hands.
I don't think she's biting him hard, because he's not yelping or anything. Truthfully I don't even know if she actually gets to him, I just see her little mouth going. She's been very well socialized prior to coming here, so I think Gucci's gonna be the problem. I'm not planning to breed them. Gucci hasn't reached the 4 lbs mark yet which is why I haven't taken him in. I will be taking him at the end of this month, if not then at the beggining of August. Thank you very much for your input
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!