View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #55
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
While you have brought up valids points and most of which I agree.

Let's not lose sight of what this thread is about. Supporting the reputable breeder, not buying from Puppy Mills, BYBers, Classifieds or internet. It's baby steps......

I'm so glad that Nancy and others took the time to provide education about the realities of puppy mills. I wish I knew 10 years ago about puppy mills. Instead, I was the ignorant buyer. I waltzed right into a pet store, paid for Barney, and two weeks later received a call about "errors with paperwork" and I was instructed to "bring the dog back for the right one" -- oh big mistake there. I still was pretty ignorant but not really liking how the sale went down...to make a long story short, we ended up with Daisy for free.

The costs of two puppy mill dogs and poor breeding have been significant and the list is too long to enumerate here except to say that sometimes ignorance and convenience are far from bliss..

When we were ready to buy our Teddy a year and a half ago, we did not even consider a pet store, broker, or newspaper ad. We did look online, but something didn't feel right. I contacted YTCA breeders and went that route. Teddy came from a home with love, and was bred responsibly and for the betterment of the breed - the only way it should be done.

Let's keep supporting reputable breeders.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!