View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #46
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
My point is that AKC endorses commercial breeding facilities for the income. I do not know and maybe you can provide to me where AKC has dropped puppy mill kennels? As long as AKC is involved with the Hunt Corporation they are part of the problem.
There have been many threads here on AKC suspensions, but for legal reasons those lists are no longer easily available. Too many sue-happy breeders. Yes, the AKC is a business; it's not a non-profit organization, like the YTCA, for example. The AKC definitely needs improving, and that's why I would like to see more than just large commercial breeders calling the shots, pet owners and reputable breeders should unite.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but the Canadian equivalent of the AKC, the Canadian Kennel Club is in serious financial trouble, and is asking it's members and breed clubs for donations. I seriously hope this doesn't happen with AKC. I imagine if they start hurting financially, they will have less money to do inspections, and when the USDA knows that a breeder is AKC registered, that aren't as likely to do frequent inspections, so it's a double whammy.

Join today and remove this ad!