View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

I love this thread!! I feel exactly the same way as the OP. I got the best advice ever on YT and I also decided to do it the right way, or not at all. I'm very happy to see that there are other people who feel the same way! I'm also very happy that your little girl didn't take. You just saved yourself and your pet so much trouble for nothing but having more cute puppies.

All puppies are cute and once they are here, we have to take care of them. But why put all that love and attention into a puppy who may not make it to 6 months?

My grandmother used to BYB Weimaraners and when we got a puppy who had to be put down at 6 months because of a missing inner ear (tube), we never connected the dots. And she kept breeding the same sire and dam. I have no idea who else got a sick puppy from her!! The reason that the ear problem was so huge was because of the size of the dog: he would be unable to balance himself and he would never live a normal, happy life.

If it wasn't for YT and the excellent breeders here, I wouldn't know anything! In the last two days, I learnt that if our first puppy from grandma had been vaccinated, he would have lived past 3 months (parvo). I also learnt that my first dog, a staffie called Jess, would have lived past 6 months had my parents vaccinated her against parvo. My parents didn't have the information available to them - I am so glad that I do!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!