Thread: Yorkie Ears
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbegley View Post
I have the puppy she weighs 24 oz. which I know it is hard to tell their adult weight but that charts to be about 5.5 lbs. Which is what I was wanting. Her mother is about 6/6.5 and her ears stood up. I didn't see her dad but was told his ears stood and he was smaller than the mom. I have been feeding her Wellness just for puppy and she is doing great!
Like I said earlier she had 2 litters she had it written down that this was the older litter however they had been moved and the other litter looked the oldest 4 weeks on a 6 week old puppy makes a lot of difference. Thats why I am unsure her age.
Topknot-Your pictures did help! Her fur is just not fluffy like the 8 weeks old yet and I did research other pictures and even Abby's baby pictures (my other yorkie, which weighs 5.5 lbs now) that is why I think her birthday was the 5-13 litter.
I am going to wait a week and see how her ears are doing. If they are still flopping I think I will try to tape them.

Okay, so you have the puppy at your home and she is only 6 weeks???
That is way too early to leave its mom!!! And she is only 24 oz! Pups should be about 2 pounds/32 oz. when going to their new homes. Yorkies pups should not leave their mom till 12 weeks of age. Yours is way too young to be without its mom.
Your breeder should have given you a health package with its birthdate on it for you. Have you taken her to the vet yet to be checked?

Last edited by topknot; 06-26-2010 at 08:57 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!