View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #13
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett
I'm not a breeder

But.... I AM a big pain in the butt about NOT breeding tinies.... and will always hope information read here will sink in to someone who is thinking about breeding their small female.

I realize that sometimes I get overzealous... but I strongly believe it's cruel and not as nature intended to breed for smaller and smaller. Putting the mommies thru all the pain they go thru is just plain selfish. I also blame people who WANT the tinies which is causing too many 'breeders' to do this.

No offense to anyone wanting a tiny or who has one.... but I just feel this way. I do love all our yorkies but WE ARE NOT THE NORM...

there are far too many people out there who are clueless wanting small puppies and getting them .....only to find they don't know anything about the care involved. They just see CUTE.

I KNOW I am not an expert but I don't like it when someone comes and posts that it's ok to breed for tiny....but as long as we continue to talk about it we DO stand a chance of reaching those out there who are thinking about it -

and I realize this thread is about Tinies - but NO DOG should ever be hit when diciplining - tiny or big -

it just makes me sick when people take out their own frustrations on something that can't defend itself - Our dogs are our friends and the most innocent of souls....animal abuse is so widespread that I really wish the laws were stricter.

and yes - I think I've been a little heated in the past over a few issues - and DO apologize to anyone if I offend anyone.... but I will always feel yorkies are a precious breed that too many greedy people are taking advantage of. To breed for tiny is trying to profit off the size and beauty of something that is already perfect.
Well said! Being that I have owned 2 tinies, I can say this from experience and proof ... my TINY dogs came from STANDARD size females who were between 5-6 lbs. So you don't HAVE to breed a tiny 2 lb or 3 lb female in order to produce a tiny. It's cruel to subject these extra tiny females to a c-section.

I'm sorry I forgot to say that NOT hitting dogs applies to a dog of ANY size but please let me clarify now -- I think it is wrong to hit or scream at a dog or cat or fish or guinea pig or hamster etc. of ANY size, shape, breed, smell, color, etc. It's just plain wrong and unacceptable to hit, period.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!