View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #7
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Absolutely not, We can have an idea at about 6 or 7 months of age, that's why when we are evaluating our next show dog we watch them closely for the first 6-12 months. Watching how they hold together, structurely and coat wise. It can't even based on his parents. It's all what is within the line. We really don't like them to begin lightening up until about 10 months of age. If they begin to lighten at a fairly young age, this tells us that the coat is going to go light, something we don't want. We can usually have a real good idea on the coat texture between 3 & 5 months.
Uni was already breaking when we got her at 3 months. I had NO knowledge of the yorkie breed then and thought she was balding! In fact her hair was changing color, and from what i have read (I may be wrong) when their hair changes that early they will be very light (as Uni is) and have a silky coat. Her coat is still light, but I notice changes almost by the day! (ok I am ocd!) But I love how her coat is light and I can see the changes. She has some whiskers that go black tan black and back to tan! My bf thinks I am a nutjob.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!