View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #17
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k Owensk9 View Post
Well looks like every one is wading in on me ! That's fine ! One person asked a very good question---I answered from my knowledge of breeding for may years and having a very good relationship with my Vet. He taught me many things--and one thing he taught me was how to save money where possible. Wormers these days are very safe and I disagree with most of you--I think dogs get worms often--if allowed to run outside and play in the dirt/yard. Of course most of your dogs may never see the dirt or grass so may be they don't get worms. I do not regularly worm 2 or 3 day old pups--but I have wormed them and NEVER lost a pup from wormers---Years ago my brother brought me a female beagle she was PG and due soon--her pups were born so wormy I thought I'd never get them cleaned up--I wormed them several time--pups - mom and all. Not one pup was lost and they passed worms by the pile ! (needles to say my brother and I don't see eye to eye.) So I totally disagree--puppies do get worms ! And puppies can die from worms---so my thoughts are "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" Once a puppy is infested with worms --hook worms are the worst---they can die from harsh wormers. I know I wont change your minds and I don't care ! And you wont change mine ! It's also been years since I had a puppy or adult dog with a positive worm slide---but I feel it's because I stay on top of keeping the kids wormed . END OF MY STORY .
But she doesn't even know if these puppies have worms. She said the mother does not have worms so how would the puppies get them.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!