View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
tiffyd83
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default new yorkie mama, lots of questions

I am so happy i found this forum! We adopted annie this weekend and we have waited a long time for her (well i have anyway, it took 5 years for my husband to give in). We adore her already, and amazingly Timber our 12 year old half collie half husky does too (hes taken the big brother roll quite well). But here are some questions i have,
annie has been eating grass and about an hour ago threw up grass all over me. is this normal? she also has been very sleepy today, just hanging out on my lap (as she is doing as i type this) and lounging. she did have a busy weekend meeting all of our friends and their animals but i just want to make sure this is normal. i know yorkies are high strung but she isent (which is fine, reason why i think timber loves her).
i am also wondering about her sleeping arrangements. she desperatly wants to sleep in bed with my husband and i. I am just so scared one of us will roll over on her in the middle of the night and being she only weighs 8 pounds this scares me! How can we keep her off the bed? I have friends who use squirt bottles on their dogs but will this hurt her?
i am new to all of this and am so in love with her, so any advice will help! thanks!
tiffyd83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!