View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #30
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandtanksmom View Post
So I saw a pamphlet on Nature's variety raw foods at zamzows the other day...I've been curious to try raw for a while, I just don't think we can afford it. This brand has freeze dried medallions, and a suggestion was to break it up over the dog's regular food, and you'll still get some of the benefit of feeding raw. I just have a few questions.
About how much does it cost for the raw stuff?
Do you think that just half to one serving of raw per day is enough to make a difference for my boys?
is nature's variety good, or should I try something different?

Thanks to all answers - I've never fed any raw food, but I'm thinking my boys would love it!
I cut costs, a little bit, by giving my kidz one medallion, each, twice a day...I give them a little bit of acana dry, based on how much raw they should be getting for their weight...For instance, they say a 1 1/2 medallions, twice a day, for chicken, so I give them a tablespoon of acana w/each meal...But for beef, it's only one medallion, twice a day, so I just give them a teaspoon of Acana w/that one...Stella & Chewies cost .44 cents a medallion, and Natures' Variety costs about .33 a medallion...However, S & C's is an ounce and a half of product, so it's about the same...I choose S & C's, because they use the HPP process to rid the product of any pathogens...Hope this helps...
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!