View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #29
lukes
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Honest Kitchen - Is dehydrated - Honestly, I don't consider it "RAW" food. My big dog makes a mess with this splashing it all over the place..

When you dehydrate something you cook it, Honest kitchen admits that all the meat is cooked in order for it to be processed in the facility they use. They say it's at low temperatures, but they don't tell you what temperature they cook the meat at. They however did publically say they cook the veggies in the low 100's degrees. Depending on the meat in the food some have to be cooked at higher temperatures. I had a chart of the min. requirements somewhere, the temperatures was upwards of 140 degrees depending on the meat.

Freezed Dried - Is also cooked, but I believe it's a better and more expensive process and retains more of the benefits that a raw food diet provides.

Anyway, here's my run down on what I like and don't like about each raw food.

Primal - I absolutely love this organic raw food.

Nortwest Naturals - I love the 1lb individually wrapped bars, scored in 1/4 increments. Their large bags tear easy, but those 1 lb bars are awesome.

Stella and Chewys - Really nice Frozen bag, I haven't used them much, but it really did look like really tasty high quality meat. Their Freeze dried version is great, even the pickiest dogs seem to like it.

Nature Variety - Packaged well, I couldn't feed this to my dogs due to allegery issues with Eggs (this food has a ton of eggs). The company handled the recall professionaly and gave us no issues on returns of the food. They changed the process and now the food safer and better.

Aunt Jeni's - I don't like the scoop for a larger container method. I prefer the nugget and patty method. But it does smells fresh and yummy.

Vital Essentals Raw - I wanted to eat the beef patties, I just wished the food was sealed instead of closed with a twist tie.

Raw Advantage - Comes package like Ohama Steaks, only used it once, there's not a distributor where we are located, but the owners was nice enough to send us a box to try out.

I'm sure I'm missing a few others..
lukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!