View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #68
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixieluv1020 View Post
I took Tickles into the vet today because her bloating wasnt getting any better. The dr. told me to give an injection of Vit B-12 once week. How scary is that!!! Im already freaking out!! Shes also suppose to take her Prednisone everyday now along with her Chlorambucil. He also gave me Tylan. Im suppose to give her 1/3 of a 1/26 teaspoon everyday. He also gave me Metronidazole for her runny poo. The Dr. ran another albumin test. It was lower than last week. Last week she was at a 1.0. I have to take her in again next Monday to check her albumin level again. Im soooooo worried she wont get any better. Dr said there isnt much we can do.

It also has been difficult for us. I hate to see Tickles like this. I work about 10 hrs a day. (we are sooo busy at work) But now im trying to cut my hours so I can spend more time w/my babies. Tickles pees like every 1/2 hr. and i come home to a huge mess in the bathroom. She would usually have poo smeared across the floor. I would have to wash her bottom everyday (from the runny poo) Does your baby also likes to eat poo?? (YUCK) Tickles has a bad habit of eating poo!!! The pred. makes her want to eat! shell lick everything and anything! My other 2 yorkies goes potty on the pee pads and Tickles will even lick the pad!
i know this is an old post but this is about eating poo due to prednisone (ibd)
i caught ava eating her poop today; i guess she has been doing this for few days now; i was wondering why her breath was stinky; and i haven't picked up much poop. now i know.
OMG i know she' s hungry all the time cause of the prednisone; but is this normal. she used to do that when she was a puppy but haven't done it for a long time. what should i do. she goes on the pad when i am not here sometimes and so she's eating it. i am scared she will get sick again because of this.
ps; she didnt do that while on homecooked ground turkey and oatmeal; only with this new food purina EN canned. i guess it smells good.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!