View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #20
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandtanksmom View Post
oooohhhhh.....I thought prey model raw was a brand, haha. That is so good to know, because I can definitely afford to buy some meat and such at the grocery store, and since my husband and I are hunters, we shall have duck and hopefully venison for them in the fall/winter So do I just give them a bone to chew on, or do I need to somehow grind them up? Would that ruin my blender or food processor? I'm assuming a raw bone from like a beef roast or steak, right? I am so very glad you responded to my post! Thank you!
Being hunters, you're really lucky! And so are your dogs! I don't grind my bone but pretty much the only bones mine can eat are chicken bones. Stay away from the weight bearing bones of the big animals like the deer or a cow. You could probably let them work on maybe a rib bone but mine are kept very busy with just a chicken leg. Yes, trying to grind up bones would probably ruin your food processor. If you wanted to grind up the bones, you'd need to get a meat grinder. I don't have one, but sometimes I think about doing that with the puppies.....
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!