View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #62
brownminerva
Inactive Account

Default Thank you

Hi Jamie:
It is so nice of you to be so kind to me when you are in such pain yourself.
I hope you will have some practical instruction for doing the hydration, it takes some courage at first but the technique will come. As I mentioned, the little dog takes it very well and that helps. The benefits are immediate and rewarding.
It is so encouraging that your little one is eating and having long periods of normalcy. It seems that the kidneys still are functioning quite well or that would not be happening. My Nik could only last about 2 hours before the hydration gave up on her, and that is why we could not go on for very long with the home treatment.
So try not to be sad, if your baby keeps up this good progress, she will be with you for a long time.
I know well how one keeps trying to learn more about this disease as it comes on so suddenly to an apparently perfectly healthy dog - without warning. I thought it was the food/treats etc etc that I fed her, or toxins she picked up on walks or ???? It is as if you have to know what caused it, and as human caretakers of our pets, we always blame ourselves for anything that befalls them. Needless to say, after many months of research, I have come up with no solution - apart from seeing that it was probably in her genes.
Really, take heart as there is so much hope for your little one. You are doing all you can and she is reacting so well to your excellent care.
Hang in there and keep up whatever you are doing, it seems the right path to be on.
God bless and hugs.

Last edited by brownminerva; 06-06-2010 at 03:02 PM.
brownminerva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!