View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasminv1 View Post
Just want to make sure I clarify how we are using the crate and pen. She is never in the crate for more than 2 hours at a time (except if she is sleeping which is at night). Each time I go home between 7:00 and 4:00PM (which is 3 to 4 times a day) she gets time to go outside to potty and I let her play for 10-15 minutes. During lunch she gets atleast 40 minutes before going back in the crate.

After 4PM, we have done our best to not be away from home unless we have to (like go to the grocery store) so we can play with her, bond and take her outside to potty. If we have to put her down to eat dinner or be away from her to cook or do something for a couple minutes she is put in her pen with her toys, crate, bed and potty pads. She is never in the pen more than 10-15minutes.

When it is bedtime, we take the crate into our bedroom, place it next to our bed and but her bed in there. She falls asleep with us after cuddling for a few minutes and in the crate we put her. She never hesitates to cuddle in her crate and sleep. During the night she whines and we take her to potty. She goes without any issues and back to sleep in the crate she goes without much whining.
Is there an issue with just continuing to use the xpen for during the day & then crating at night?
Our two small ones sleep in a crate at night & they love their little crates, it's their haven.
Camden is confined if we are gone during the day, but not in her night crate.
I also agree about having bedding in the crate.
Also, we never use the crate as punishment of any kind. We only want it to be a safe, happy place for them!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!