View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
yasminv1
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I'm very concerned that you are keeping you dog in a crate with no bedding or towels. At 10 weeks old most yorkies are with their mommies, who nudge them over to a pee pad. Keeping your baby warm, dry and safe should be a priority not training at this age. If she can't hold it for 2 hours, she can't hold it. Some people take them out every hour, it's never the dog's fault, and they should always have bedding. A dog can hold it longer during the night than it can during the day. You are trying to train through punishment, and this will surely backfire. A better option would to be to place her in an x-pen with several pee pads and bedding. Crate training should only be attempted when you can take them out every hour, and you gradually increase the time.
We do put bedding in the crate when we are at home and when she sleeps. And I had been leaving her in there with her bedding until yesterday when I read 2 training books and both say to remove all bedding, towels ect. until they can keep the crate clean for atleast 2 weeks. SO??? Who do I listen to??? Super confused.
yasminv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!