View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
janicecue
Yorkie Yakker

Question Help, we have a talker, i mean barker!

I have a similar problem with our 16 month old Yorkie. She acts human using her bark to communicate with us, but honestly we are going crazy with her constant chatter (bark)! We have squirrels, chipmunks, ants, worms, etc. in the yard and she talks to all of them, as well! She will run really fast around the yard looking up in the sky and bark, bark, bark or dig a big hole and bark down the hole! I do believe she is in a protective mode while she is in the house, but outside I think she is just having fun hearing herself bark. Our neighbors are not a fan of hers. Forget the door bell ringing...I can't get to her fast enough. And if she doesn't like the visitor, she barks incessantly at them until I remove her and put her in our bedroom where she still continues the barking. I have completed 5 obedience classes with her and she always finishes as the star! No barking, alert, follows my lead, etc. At the dog park and on our walks she is silent and obedient! What is that all about? I honestly need help. We have praised her first for announcing, given her treats for being quiet, used the bark repeller suggested on YT, ignored her behavior, etc., nothing changes her behavior!
janicecue is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!