Thread: Heart broke
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #59
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamSweet View Post
I’m sure I’m not going to make a lot of friends with this but as much as I love making friends – my main concern is my Bridget, and what I can learn about her and the breed – not that I wouldn’t be willing to help anyone if I could. I haven’t been here long but have been following this little girls fate and reading all (most) of the posts to the 3 threads concerning Mindy . I only have one question…..is all this what the OP meant when she said “let us do a little healing.”? “maybe we can discuss what we learned and what we could have done better and how we do a joint front to help” or “So for the next time and there will be what do we do different”.? We can point all the fingers we want now – but that isn’t changing where Mindy is today – what’s done is done – and I think we need to see if anything can be done to help her…..by anyone!

I’m sure everyone tried to help in what they thought was right, but it seems to me that there were “too many cooks in the kitchen”. Some one needs to be the chef – someone with rescue experience. We all want to help – but are not professionally knowledgeable – sometimes we do more damage than good.

I was glad to see this thread start because I thought it would be full of positive information that could be used to help with the next rescue, if not possibly help resume Mindy plight. Whether it be who can travel to pick up the puppy – who has contacts with a rescue, who is good at talking to the current owner to persuade them to surrender the dog without causing a lot of problems….after all the main concern at that point is the poor dog that needs to get out of whatever situation it’s in.

I’m not without fault – I posted slamming Mindys owner when I saw the post that said she had decided to put her to sleep. In an ideal situation the correct and qualified person should have been notified to try to convince her that her situation isn’t hopeless. I know (or think I know) that several people have tried – but I can only imagine that this owner felt like Mindy feels in a house with 2 litters of puppies….overwhelmed and lost as to where to turn or who to trust. That is where a TEAM comes in. Someone (key word is ONE) is a mediator and the rest there for support.

OK – I’m done – I guess as someone not here long – I have a lot to learn. Maybe there needs to be a special forum for feuds.

My goal was to work on making things work better but as I see it is just silliness as ever added to more silliness with a few strange things added. History I have not one clue about and am not intrested in. OH well why I mainly stay off this board and live my quite life.

Next time someone runs to me for help I close the door and tell them not going to.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!