View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
ArmaniMan
I ♥ Armani & Chloe
Donating Member

Default ANOTHER food question... MVD & RAW

Again, my dogs have MVD (Liver Issue) Asymptomatic... I am seriously considering having consult with a nutritionist and homecooking but havent had a chance yet... I have a terrible time finding a food my dogs will eat, they pick and pick at the kibble but dont really eat it like they like it or anything and I have to add things (cottage cheese, green beans, sweet potato, rice, oatmeal, etc.) to it to get them to eat enough.

I was in the pet store the other day getting cat food and started talking to the lady about my dogs "issues"... she runs an all natural pet food store and is very knowledgeable, basically a non certified nutritionist.

She mentioned RAW to me and I said OH NO! it has way too much protein... she laughed and showed me the bag (Nature's Variety Medallions) and its only 13% protein She said most people think that and dont understand that its not really high in protein. She seemed to think this is the way I should consider going because its low protein, good for picky eaters, and has a lot of moisture to prevent urinary problems (one has had some urinary issues).

She gave me this sample bag of it... I defrosted one last night and gave them each a half of it this morning and they LOVED it... I have seriously never seen them eat like that before.

I have a vet appointment today and am going to mention it and see what they say... but was wondering if anyone with a dog with liver issues has ever fed raw and how it went?

Armani & Chloe
ArmaniMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!