View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
Leone
Yorkie Yakker

Default peeing puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpham View Post
My puppy is 11 wks right now and when I first got her, we were doing crate training. She soiled from the beginning but I didn't know until I took her bedding out to wash and it had absorbed a ton of pee. So I took the bedding out in hopes of eliminating that behavior. She still soiled her crate anyways. I really think she soils in her crate because for one she hates being in there and two I think she knows that she will get to come out if she soils in the crate. I want her to enjoy being in her crate but I hate having her soil and then be standing in her pee and poo.

So right now I have her gated inside my fairly small bathroom with her pee pee pad on one end and food and bedding on the other side. When she is in there she doesn't make mistakes about 85% of the time but of course I let her out so she can play but for the most part she spends her time in there occupying herself with toys and sleeping. I know crating doesn't work with all dogs but my ultimate goal is just to get her 100% housebroken because its already been over 6 wks of working with her on potty training and its frustrating not seeing 100% progress already. Should I change what I'm doing or use an x-pen instead? Is there a better way of housebreaking her? I want her to have freedom but she is not at all reliable around the house.
It is also a good idea to have a doggy/cat door, as I have a cat Yorky learnt how to use that at an early age, and that helped a lot with toilet training.
Leone.
Leone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!