View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
lpham
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdorkyyorkies View Post
I think one problem is she is lonely. SInce she is confined alot of the time, she has no idea how to act outside of those confines. I am absolutely no expert at housetraining, but it takes real consistency.
If you are piddle pad training then you need a designated piddle pad area outside those confines too.
Reward her when she does well. SHe needs interaction.
GOOD LUCK!

You may have misconstrued what I said when I said she spends her own time occupying herself because that was an overstatement on my part. She is not at all confined for copious amounts of time but rather when we can't watch her. She is otherwise always interacting with someone in the house. She is a very spoiled and privileged puppy that knows it. The bathroom I have her confined in is in my bedroom and I use a pet gate because I don't think its nice to have her closed up inside the bathroom with the door shut. Its 3 feet away from me and I always talk to her and spend a lot of time with her. She is only 11 wks but she already knows the sit, stay, and down commands. The only time she is by herself is at night when its time for bed. So she definitely isn't lonely.
lpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!