View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
satman
Yorkie Yakker

Default Defending myself and my reputation

Marsha,

I must be missing something since your web site links are replete with places for ads. (see attachment) And if I'm reading correctly, you must be a member to have a breeder listing. Your site goes on to say: " Occasionally, someone may slip through the cracks and become an advertiser or will be listed here, only to find out they do not comply to the standards according to this club." Who's standards? Your's, the AKC or the parent club YTCA?

And I assume you have no objection to Parti Colored Yorkies since they are shown on your site as available to buy. They certainly are cute dogs but they have no place being promoted by those that espouse their concern for the Yorkshire Terrier Breed. They can be AKC registered since a litter at birth does not always display coloring that strays from the standard but they can not be shown in any AKC sanctioned conformation show. Ethical Yorkie breeders don't intentionally breed dogs that won't comply with the AKC/YTCA standard.

Common sense differs from due diligence.

I frequently get an email from the people that run YorkieTalk saying they miss my participation. It goes against my personal feelings to support any forum that heads their pages with advertising for Puppymills and those selling so called TEACUP Yorkies etc. I responded to an email sent to me that you posted. Othewrwise I stay away from YorkieTalk for the reasons I stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgenie View Post
Yorkshire Terrier Club of Ethical Hobby Breeders is 100% paid for privately as well. We sell no advertising whatsoever, nor is there a charge for a listing. We have a comprehensive code of ethics and behavior and compliance with it is the only absolute requirement for membership. NO MONEY IS REQUIRED, however we will not refuse donations to be spent on advancement of the club and its purpose of promoting sound, ethical breeding practice.

Sheesh, I only came on here to offer commonsense advice to someone looking for a breeder. Bottom line, ask more than one person's advice.
Have a nice day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marsha.jpg (22.9 KB, 26 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!