Thread: NYC Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #14
mizzwanned
Donating YT 11K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysyorkie View Post
There is a small dog park on the upper east side in the 80's. Its at 84th street near the East River. Lots of Yorkies there.

I went a couple of weeks ago and it was under renovation, so you should check to see if its open again before going.
Yes! I was going to say this one. The view of the river is also pretty-I live on the upper west side so I've only been there a couple times but there's lots of little doggies that go there. The surface is nice cause it's not dirt or anything. The one I go to near my house is dirt surface and i hate it cause my dogs get all dirty and so do I. The 'big dog' area is right near it so just carry your little ones in to be safe. There's also a nice dog park on 42nd right next to the hudson river, it's really nice but I don't remember if it had a small dog section..the day I went there were tons of small dogs though. They also have sprinklers/fountains right next to it on hot summer days which is great for them to cool off. I also go to Yorkie meets if you're interested in that..idk if you've ever been but they meet once a month at diff. locations. It's also fun and each have a diff. theme lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!