View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #112
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares4Dogs View Post
I dont necessarily think that just because a conversation starts with "how much" represents that the person is just looking for a bargain. A lot of people may have only $900 to spend and the cost is an important question especially since they are also going to have to go for vet checks, spay/neuter, food, etc.

Some people who are breeding ask for thousands for a pup so I truly believe that cost does matter when chosing a pup. Health is more important, yes, but cost is an important factor too.

There are a lot of people in the world who cant afford to take care of a pet and have no business even looking for one, but not everyone is looking for a handout either.
I agree with you, cost is an important factor. But, I think what Mardelin was trying to say is that reputable breeders look for reputable owners. Usually the first thing you ask is what your #1 concern is, if money is on the buyer's mind they will ask how much. If health is on the buyer's mind then they will ask about health test and certificates. As a buyer, I can really appreciate this mentality in a breeder. It shows they care for these loving creatures and really want what is best for them. We're not buying cars here.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!