Thread: Snorting?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #9
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Jenna had her vet appointment yesterday afternoon. And other than she needs her teeth cleaned (one of her premolars is actually loose and ready to fall-vet tried pulling it but Jenna was already stressed and she didn't want to cause her further discomfort) the doctor pronounced her healthy and in good shape and of the age the shelter lady told us. Her heart sounds good too, no congestion in the lungs, nothing worrisome in her tummy, no mites in her ears...it was all good.

We're going to have her lachrymal ducts flushed while she's under for he dental, since her left eye in particular gets pretty weepy. (With the never ending dust in my house, we are not surprised, it affects all our animals.)

She does not believe she is purebred, of course...all you have to do is look at her to see that, but we don't care anyway. She thinks her temperament is excellent and we have an appointment for next Wednesday for her teeth. (I'm off to look up anesthesia protocols.) She'll have to go in with the hubby at 7:30 that morning and then we'll have to pick her up sometime in the afternoon. I wish we could be there with her, I fear she'll think we've abandoned her there...so I'll probably send her favorite blanket and one of her plushies with her to remind her of home.

I described the symptoms of the breathing oddity to the vet and she also believes it is reverse sneezing. Since Jenna is not full blood Yorkie, she expressed hopes that things that are congenital like CT will be less of a possibility for her.

Jenna weighs in at 5.5 pounds. A good weight apparently for one so small. She's not much heavier than one of my house bunnies! 0_o

Thank you all for your help in this matter.
Jenna AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!