View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssakristenx3 View Post
I know the word college student comes off like a red flag to must ppl. but I'm am twenty yrs old with my own apartment . I am doing well fincially and I am very responsible. yes I do go out once and a while but not alot . also I got Bonnie because the when I was 9 I got a s**txu and sadly he had to be but to sleep at the end of last super when I moved out my parents house he came right along with me . I would never put myself in a stituation were I would be unfit to care for an other person or pet. I just want Bonnie to have a playmate because she came from a great breeder who had her grow up and spend alot of time with her siblings and I think she misses that .
I do think most dogs benefit greatly from living with another dog. I am also in college, and almost 20 years old, and Jackson is my first dog (besides family dogs) that is fully my responsibility. I, however, am still living at home w/ mom, step-dad and sister. They used to have a dog but unfortunately, she passed last summer. Jackson was sooo depressed without her for a while and I toyed (and still do) with the thought of adding a second dog for him.... but when it comes down to it, I've decided I think I need to wait a bit longer. A few different reasons... he goes nearly everywhere that he can with me (vacations, short day trips, visits to family members homes, etc) and when I think about how adding a 2nd will change our life, I kinda put the thought on hold. He's my companion, and my 'best friend' and I know he would love another dog but I just don't wanna mess up what we've got goin' now. Things are just... easy with him. I think that one day, when I get my own place and am not so much on-the-go I will love to add another, but I'm just waiting for the right time and the close-to-perfect dog. He also gets trips to the dog park all the time, tons of walks, etc so it's not like he's miserable and he gets a ton of doggie interaction and loves every bit of it.

For example, this weekend I'm going to spend the night over at my grandma's house on Sat. night since I haven't seen her in forever.... she has a Lab and a fenced in yard. I'm bringing Jackson and she has no problems with that, if I had 2 dogs, I just don't think I could do it. This summer, doing a vacation in Gettysburg, so we're gonna be doing a lot of walking around thru crowds, eating outdoors, etc, it's easier with just 1 dog. I go to my dads a few times a week and they already have 2 dogs over there. So in MY situation, I've come to the conclusion it's easier/better with just one for now. But I think overall it's better to have 2, lol, if that makes any sense!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!