View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Oh my gosh ! Bless you for taking in this sweetheart, you're incredible!

I'm in Phx, and my Wylie has Atypical Cushings. So, was she being treated at all, previously...I'm assuming no ? Poor baby. The most important thing is to be w/ a Vet who truly understands Cushings as it's such a complicated disease. If she is on her initial dosing of Mito/Lyso - are you having another ACTH stim in 4-6 weeks or so?

Also very important - the vet should have checked her thyroid, there is a very good chance she is hypothyroid and this could also explain some of her extreme lethargy. Was this checked? Many times, it's a good idea to get a fasting glucose as well, and cholesterol.

As for "does Cushings add years?" -- well, in a way. The problem is mostly that it goes undiagnosed and misdiagnosed. However, if it is treated and managed properly, dogs can lead very full lives, often having their Cushing symptoms managed -- it can take a long time to titer the meds just right though, so hang in there. For example, next month it will be a year since Wylie's diagnosis, and we are still titering meds - it's a constant and ongoing process.

If you need a vet recommendation, my vet is in Tempe - and I can let you know...but if you already have a good one, then great .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!