Thread: Yorkie Eyes
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
I would agree with you as well. One of mine had CLEAR discharge and the vet used the fluorescent dye to check for corneal abrasions and sure enough. Any type of corneal abrasion is very painful. On the other hand it could very well be the field being recently cut which is causing allergies. The vet also will be able to either suggest OTC or prescription to help alleviate allergy symptoms.

Welcome to YT~! Hope you stick around to share and learn from some of the most knowledgeable and well respected owners and breeders in the country.
the dermatologist told me to get zyrtec antihistamine eye drops for dee dee when her allergies act up in her eyes so if it is allergies then that is what i would use. But first you need to have the eyes checked to make sure no scratches. I was worried dex had dry eye at one point and took him to opthamologist for schirmer test and a full exam as it runs in this breed - he has allergies as well in his eyes and she told me just use saline during the santa ana wind days but not to over use or it will mess up natural tear production in eyes. I take eyes very seriously as they can go blind

dex would get goopy eye and more than my girls and it concerned me - now he has a dry nostril on one side which is a sign of dry eye as well so he will be checked again next vet visit with the schirmer test as they can get dry eye as they age like us humans - better to be safe

Last edited by dwerten; 04-24-2010 at 07:20 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!