Thread: Yorkie Eyes
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoPapito View Post
Hello, Im new to this site and have a question. I have a Yorkie he is 2yrs old. His name is Rico. My question is. Where I live they have an open field, and they cut the grass, well today I noticed that Rico has a discharge coming from his eye. its not an odd color, more clear, and its not alot. His habits havent changed, he doesnt scratch his eye or anything like that. I wipe the eye with a warm moist cloth when I see the discharge. Is this something I should be worried about?? There is no cut, scrape, or any eye irritation with his eye. Im just a worry wort when it comes to Rico.. He's My baby. Is there any advise that another Yorkie owner can give me? Thanks!!
If it was coming from both eyes, I would attribute it to being outdoors, allergies. But, there is a possibility that he has a scratch in his eye, which is leading to the discharge. These light scratches are not visible to us. But, checked by the vet, they'll be able to tell you immediately. Prescribe the right meds to help with the healing. I defnately would take Rico in, you wouldn't want it to lead to something more serious.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!